Don't let your enthusiasm for driving cool off in winter. Continue to enjoy the full performance of your car with the same degree of safety Winter SOTTOZERO™ is specifically designed to respond actively when the road surface is wet and the outside temperature is low. It represents an important contribution to driving safety in the winter months. The Pirelli Winter SOTTOZERO™ has an innovative design with patented tread pattern focused on the tyre's dynamic footprint. For this reason a design was developed with a solid/void ratio optimised between the inner and outer elements.. The asymmetric configuration immediately asserts its sporting character: divided into distinct inner and outer elements, active in specific working conditions, it guarantees an excellent balance between high levels of performance on snow covered surfaces and driveability on dry and wet asphalt. Winter SOTTOZERO™ represents the ideal, highly reliable support for the electronic traction control, braking and stability systems fitted to the most advanced cars.
Inner element characterised by:
• Deep diagonal grooves, a distinguishing feature of the SOTTOZEROP ™ tread pattern that reduce road noise and, assisted by the specially designed blocks, enhance the acoustic comfort and rolling resistance qualities.
• The compact arrangement of transverse and diagonal grooves that create a network of "voids" to retain the snow, lending the tyre efficient traction and braking qualities on hazardous snow covered surfaces.
• Undulating sipes connected by longitudinal notches that guarantee high lateral stability on snow covered surfaces. Their layout and orientation optimise both grip on snow and wear characteristics.
Outer element characterised by:
• Broad, deep longitudinal grooves with differentiated profiles that allow water to be expelled, even at high speed, thus raising the aquaplaning threshold.
• Robust blocks set between the two longitudinal grooves, to create a single centre rib, guaranteeing exceptional stability for a winter tire on dry surfaces.
• Substantial shoulder blocks that confer exceptional lateral rigidity to the tread when under load during cornering, raising the limits of grip and ensuring precise handling through sudden changes in direction.